Monday, July 19, 2010

DMV - Denied

Tried to get a titled today at the Nevada DMV. The pink slip for the T34 is long gone, probably thrown away during a house remodel.

They didn't like my proof of ownership I had EVEN THOUGH IT IS WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO GET LAST WEEK.

The supervisor then asked me to supply proof that I have owned pictures of this car for many years.

This was actually kind of a fun project. I had my daughter help me recreate a pose I did about ten years ago. The old photo is at the top with the car dissembled and the bottom photo is the car assembled. The car didn't age but I sure did! I hope the supervisor sees my growing older as proof.

As other proof of owner ship I was able to find my VW birth certificate from the factory. It is a letter addressed to me from Wolfsburg with my chassis number and vehicle description.

I should be good to go.

----------------

Update - The birth certificate from Wolfsburg did the trick! The supervisor of the supervisor had to give the document an OK and signed off on giving me official title to my T34. Whew!
Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone.

1 comment:

Paul Markham said...

Hello Paul and greetings from Australia. Glad you managed to get her registered; she looks really good. I had the same problems trying to register one of my bikes here. Why do the authorities always try and make it so difficult? They can see after all that it's a restoration and the effort we put in.
Have fun with the VW!
Paul